Monday, October 03, 2005

Some people never change

Especially if they're bat-shit crazy.

I heard a story the other day, about my ex who I appropriately refer to as Psycho. I finally left Psycho 2 years ago after years of fun, heartache, abuse and alcoholism. After I left him, he joined A.A., which as much as I hated, gained the bastard some deserved some credit. But that's not a worry anymore, apparently he's up to his old tricks again.

Two friends of mine (let's call them Larry and his boyfriend Walter) were at a Pride party this past summer, hosted by a Member of Parliament. Psycho's a lawyer and is one of those people who just absolutely has to be in with the "it" crowd or else he'll die, so I wasn't surprised he was there. It did surpise me when Walter told me that he was shit-faced drunk - beyond tipsy, beyond smashed, just over the top Listerine-level intoxicated. A Psycho special that I know only too well.

Larry, Psycho and I used to be good friends, but after the breakup, we just sort of drifted apart, though Larry and I have recently reconnected. Psycho and Larry hadn't spoken in about a year, but when Psycho saw him at the party, he zeroed in. He started getting in his face about everything. Telling Larry's friends that Larry was saying all these things behind their backs and generally trying to embarass him in front of everyone. He just kept trying to push all his buttons. Larry is a pretty quiet guy, and wasn't about to add to the scene, but another person (yet another member of parliament) had to step in between Walter and Psycho. Walter and Larry left the party, while Psycho continued his tyraids.

I repeat, the man is bat shit crazy. Especially to act like that at a who's-who party.

Walter wasn't sure if he should have told me this, but I'm glad he did. Now that I know he's off the wagon, I will definitely have my back up if I see him at a bar.

This isn't the first story I've heard like this since the break up either. It's interesting to see that since I'm not around to be the focus of his rage, he can't actually keep it in and just blows up all the time.

Fucking asshole.