Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Some people are way too sensitive

Q and I were in Port Hope on the weekend for my parent's anniversary. They've been driving each other crazy for 35 years. We had to go into town to get some last minute things for dinner and decided to stop at the new Tim Hortons. My sister warned me that the people there were sort of, umm - special, and she wasn't kidding. How anyone manages to put every single doughnut upside down on the tray is beyond me.

So we decided to sit for a few minutes and enjoy the show. At some point a black man came up to the cash and asked for three green teas with nothing in them. The cashier hands him the teas and says "Three green teas black." The man suddenly got all put out with this insulted look on his face because what he heard was "Three green teas, Black."

The girl saw the look on his face and retorted with "There's no need to get so upset, it just means that there's nothing in them."

Q and I were almost pissing ourselves laughing.

Gotta love hick town.