Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Before and After

When my grandmother went into a nursing home a few years ago, I had the opportunity to raid the closets of all the boxes upon boxes upon boxes of 35mm reels. I managed to scan some in a while ago (a tedious task at best) and was looking over them again. I found this one picture of my grandmother (on the right) and her sister Marnie. Aunt Marnie was one of the most amazing people I ever had the pleasure of knowing in my life. She was about 5'1" and full of energy and an unbelievably positive person. Unfortunately she lived in California so I only got to meet her a few times. But those precious few time left an ever lasting impression. She passed away a few years ago and was in her early 90's. Always independent, it wasn't until her last few years that she had a nurse come to her house to help her out. It's funny, she always looked just like she does in that picture.

I used to opportunity to practice my photoshopping skills and remove the dirt and scratches. Not a bad job, if I do say so myself. Of course you can't tell unless you click on it for the full picture. I may even print it out and hang it in my office somewhere.

Before:

After: