Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Open House Celebration

Hi Everyone,

I know I've been missing in action lately. I'm on my last week of work and have had my replacement following me for the past couple of weeks. Not a lot of time to blog.

It's hard to believe that when I walked into my office in January 2000 that I would end up staying there for almost eight years. I was 23. I'm 31 now. An entire chapter of my life happened while working out of that office.

Friday is my last day there - ever. My last day with a comfortable salary and regular paycheque.

So I want to celebrate and go out on Saturday night. The kind of thing where I'll be at a certain bar drinking all night and if anyone wants to stop by and say hello, they are more than welcome. The only thing is I don't know where to go. I want somewhere that is conducive to conversation, where you can stand or sit to drink and feel free to come and go. Doesn't have to be a gay bar, but gay friendly for obvious reasons.

So if anyone out there is still checking this from time to time, keep Saturday in mind and if you have any suggestions, feel free to pass them on.

I'll leave an update on Friday once I figure out where I'm going.