Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Gayest. Brother. Ever.

So K and I went to a free intro to Japanese class on Friday. I loved it. The entire lesson was taught only in Japanese - no engrish whatsoever. We learned vowels, how to ask what something is, how to say "no it is not.. it is called", and how to introduce ourselves. Not bad for half an hour. I think that I'll pursue it if I can fit it in my schedule. It's important to always be learning something new.

My sister D came up on Saturday for a day of shopping and a hair cut. Having 2 kids under the age of 3 can be a little much at times, and she always welcomes a break. She's really liked the stylist I've been going to this past year, so I made her an appointment. First and foremost though, she needed shoes.

We went into Bata in the Eaton Center, where the girls had way too much attitude. I don't deal well. They also did not acknowledge us when we walked in the store (a big retail no -no). So I picked up the shoe she liked and exclaimed loudly "Yes I do think this one is nice. Maybe you should try this on? What size do you take? Oh a 9? Maybe someone could get you a 9 to try on because you are interested in this particular shoe." We got ignored, so we walked out as I said loudly, again, "Well maybe we can come back when they feel like making a sale."

A little while later we returned, and again ignored. Unfortunately these shoes were exactly what D was looking for, and the right price. At this point Q took over the Diva duties and marched up to the counter with the shoe. When they took their time bringing it, he went back to the counter a couple of times and harasses the bitches. Eventually D got her shoe and all was well.

Next stop was t-shirt shopping so off to Sears we went. Both Q and D went to find a bathroom and left me alone in the womens department. We were starting to get pressed for time, so I did what any fag would do in this situation - I shopped for her. By the time they got back and had begun looking for apparel, I appeared with an armful of colourful, reasonably priced, summer t-shirts. When I need to, I can always sniff out a bargain.

From there it was food time and then up to Yorkville for a haircut. While D was left in well-trained hands, Q and I met up with K. The three of us sat at an intersection and promptly cut up any poor soul who happened to catch our eye. It was brutal but fun, and way too easy with all the rich eurotrash women in that area.

After that we all went to a housewares store, and then took D back to Union Station to catch a Go Train home. A very productive day.

So to recap, I:

  • Took my sister shopping
  • Threw some attitude at the shoe store girl
  • Picked out clothes for D to buy (which she did)
  • Took her to Yorkville to get her hair cut by the owner of the salon
  • Gave her tips on using the hair product she bought, which I use (KMS hair putty rules)
  • Shopped for housewares
Couple that with the manicure/pedicure I took her for on her birthday (yes I went too), and I think that officially makes me the gayest brother ever.