Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Moving on up

Q and I went looking at condos on the weekend. Just for fun. We aren't looking at moving yet, but I doubt I'll be in the same apt this time next year. I have a habit of moving every 18 months or so. Just call me the Gypsy Queen.

We looked at a new building that's going up in Yorkville. They only had a few very expensive units left, one of which was a 4000 sq ft Penthouse on the top floor. It was selling for a measly $2,000,000. The agent then proceeded to tell us that the taxes were $21,000 per year, and the maintenance fees were $0.40 per foot. All totaled, if you had the money for the place and paid for it up front with no mortgage, it would still cost you over $40,000 per year + hydro, cable, phone, internet to carry the place.

I still don't understand why it hasn't sold.