Monday, February 27, 2006

Nothing to see here, please move along

We didn't get the house on Friday. I'm surprisingly relieved. We were up against one other offer which came in at the very absolute last minute. In fact they pushed the presentations back a half hour just to accomodate. Consequently we went in with our very best offer and refused to pay any more. They came back to us and said that the other offer was a little stronger and were we willing to up ours a little more. We said no. If the other offer was that much better than they would have taken it in the first place. It was clear they were trying to play us up against each other. The other people eventually got the place.

I don't know how to describe it, but the whole thing seemed a little fishy. Who waits until the last minute to put a bid in on a house. Did they forget or something?

Honey did we have any plans tonight?

I don't think so. Why do you ask?

Well I keep feeling like I'm forgetting something.

OH MY GOD!! WE FORGOT TO BID ON THE HOUSE!!!!!

The feedback we got from the selling agent was suspect as well. In a way I'm glad we didn't get it.

Anyways, I think we're going to put in a bid on another house on Tuesday. It's bigger and has 2 car parking. Plus there's a room in the basement that's filled with KISS memorabilia. Tons of figurines, posters, framed album covers, ticket stubs etc, but I don't think it all comes with the house. However, attached to it is a small, sound proofed room with a drum set. I can think of many uses for a sound proofed room in the basement, and I wouldn't have to worry about ruining the floor!