Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Why I hate technology sometimes.

Back in December I won $150 gift certificate for Yorkdale Mall at a work Christmas party. It was for winning the Dance Contest. Go ahead -insert joke here- I've heard them all already. Anyways, I wasn't sure what to spend it on until I was at the gym one day a few weeks ago. I was on a cardio machine when I moved my arm, caught the wire for the headphones and sent my ipod flying to the ground. Thankfully it was in it's rubberized, soft case. I'm a clutz and try to prepare for it. I decided right then and there to get an ipod shuffle - no finish to scratch, no display to crack, and no harddrive to break. It's also very light and I can throw it in my knapsack. So I got the 1GB Shuffle for $169 and love it. It was a great idea.

Today, only a few weeks later, Apple has announced the 1GB Nano -for $179. Now the 1GB Shuffle has dropped to $119. That's a $60 difference in only a few weeks! Just what kind of margin is on these things???? Arrgh!!!

I'm going to try complaining to see if I can get the difference back, since I love to complain and usually do it pretty well. I know they have some sort of price protection, but I'll have to check on when I bought it.

Bastards.

UPDATE: Apparently Apple has a 14 day price protection in place. Thankfully I qualify. No bitching necessary. Guess I'll have to put the claws away.

UPDATE #2: I got my $57.00 back! Woohoo!