Monday, February 27, 2006

This is why I love my boyfriend/husband/life partner

I had to work on Sunday afternoon so Q decided to do the laundry. We had planned on doing it after I finished but he decided to surprise me instead.

The laundromat was busy when he arrived - which lessened his already wavering excitement at having to wash, dry and fold almost 2 weeks worth of clothes. He finally found an empty 4 load washer and promptly stuffed in all the clothes. It wasn't until he had started the machine that a big black woman came rushing over to him in a rage. Apparently she was "reserving" that particular washer. There were no clothes in, on or in front of it but Q was somehow supposed to magically know that it was reserved for this very special lady. His response - "What am I supposed to do, stop it?" At that point the woman went on a tirade accusing him of stealing that washer from her because she was black!! He told her that she was being rediculous didn't entertain her after that. She muttered something about him being a white-something-or-other and stormed off.

When the clothes were done there were only 3 driers available. Q walked up to the woman with clothes in hand, looked her straight in the eye and said "I'm taking all three driers because I'm white."

She kept her distance after that.