Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Kaboom!

I had a little bit of a blow out with Q over the phone this morning. This whole house thing is getting to be very stressful. We've had to nix the door from the basement to the backyard idea because of surveys and permits and crap, plus it seemed to scare away a lot of contractors. Instead we are going to widen the basement stairs to allow us to get appliances in and out of there.

I fucking hate dealing with contractors. I don't know why anyone would waste their time talking to me about a job if they're not interested. If you don't want to do it, or don't have the time, then just fucking tell me! I'm sick of being led on, and then suddenly not having any of my phone calls returned. We have been on a time constraint from the beginning, and didn't have the time to be dicked around. If I wanted to be dicked around, I'd go to a bathhouse where I'd at least enjoy the dicks.

To make matters worse, I'm the one who has all the contacts in the industry, so I'm the one who has to do all the phoning and planning. So when an asshole doesn't show up, then I'm the one left scrambling to find yet another person to call.

Thankfully all the paperwork will be going in tomorrow and I have contractor #4 coming by the house tomorrow evening. I got his name from my agent. He seems like a nice enough guy on the phone, and I've already explained to him my frustrations with the industry. He seemed sympathetic enough and assures me that he's not like that. We'll see.

I really wish the home renovation market would dry up a bit to get rid of the assholes. They've got so much work coming at them that they've become lazy and rude. It doesn't matter if they do good work or not because there's always a lineup out the door. Greedy fuckers.

One thing's for sure, if I haven't started smoking already by this point, I know I'm never going to start again.