Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Fundamentally

I've been waiting, in excruciating pain, to get Fundamental - the new Pet Shop Boys CD. The regular release is available already, but the double CD limited edition is not. It won't be here until June 27th. I debated on buying the regular now and then the double later just to get my fix, and was still undecided when Dickey asked me last week if I wanted a copy, since he had one that was procured from some magical land and automagically transformed into mp3's. OF COURSE I WANTED A FREAKING COPY!!

Now before anyone gets all upitty about stealing music, let me make one thing perfectly clear - I still buy music. If I get ahold of a copy of something and really like it, then I feel that the artist deserves my money and support and I buy it. If I give it couple of listens and think it's crap, then no, they can't have my money. I'll be buying this on June 27th for sure.

Fundamental/Fundamentalism is a fantastic album and I was thrilled to learn that they'd teamed up with Trevor Horn. He's such an amazing producer and it shows. I've listened to it too many times already.

Current Favourite Track: It's hard to choose, but I'd say Casanova In Hell. It's a great story/song inspired by Casanova's Homecoming by Arthur Schnitzler - a novel about Casanova as an old man of 53 who's looks, charm and money are all gone.

Runner up: The Sodom and Gomorrah Show - a beautiful, over the top, theatrical, political, typical PSB song.