Friday, June 30, 2006

Trying to get back into shape

I joined a new gym on Wednesday. I wasn't going to my old one anymore since it's now incovenient to get to. Plus my membership expires in August anyways. Instead I decided to join the Premier Fitness that's less than a 10 minute walk to my house, a 2 minute drive and has free parking.

I met this unbeliveably cute guy who showed me around and then signed me up for a membership. It was hard not to drool. He could have asked me to sign anything and I'd have said yes. Ok, I'm not that bad. The gym had a $250 registration fee and a $100 fitness test fee, which I wasn't prepared to pay for, and would have stopped me from joining. Luckily, I used to belong to Premier way back in 2001/2002 and they still had me in their system. That meant that I didn't have to pay those fees again, so my yearly membership fee ended up being $399. I've paid a lot more in the past, so I decided to go ahead.

I went for my first workout yesterday. The place isn't spectacular, but it's OK. One thing I did notice was that there were signs on the paper towel dispensers (for cleaning off the machines) that you had to go to the front desk to get them. Suddenly everything made sense. The first day I was in there, I saw a woman at the front desk ask for some paper towel. The man gave her 2 sheets. She wanted more, so he reluctantly gave her another one. She said she wanted another and he said no. They actually got into an argument because he didn't want to give her 4 sheets of paper towels. Talk about cheap. That's fucking pathetic. I also asked Mr. Cuteypie about towel service. He said that they used to have it, but that the new manager stopped it. Either he's as cheap as they come, or the place is in financial trouble and he's trying to keep it afloat. I'm not sure.

So today I felt like stirring up shit and logged onto Premier's homepage. It states that towel service is available at all locations. It also had a phone number. I called and left a message on the customer service line to call me back. I'm not sure if I'll stay there, the price and location are right, but I'll be a bitch and rat them out anyways. It's just too much fun.