Thursday, October 12, 2006

11

The PSB show last night was good. Not mind blowing, not super duper, not amazing, but just pretty good. What killed it for me was the volume - it was too quiet. The result of which was that the music sounded flat, and it was hard to really get into it. I think I've had PSB playing louder in my car. The Hummingbird Center has decent acoustics, so I blame the sound engineer for that one. Have to give props to the set designer though, he/she did a wicked job.

The mix of people was interesting - ages ranged from 20's all the way up to 60's and possibly beyond, with the majority being 40 and over. Ran into my ex, J, then my ex-neighbour who introduced me to an ex-trick who said "I remember you from the gym" as he shook my hand. Oh I remember you too. I got you off in the whirlpool, was what went through my head, but thankfully only a "hello" escaped my lips. Turns out my ex-neighbour is getting married to his partner in 2 weeks. I'm so happy for the both of them, they're great people.

All in all it was a good night, even if I didn't buy a $40.00 PSB t-shirt or a $30.00 program.