Friday, October 20, 2006

Old friends


Busy week. Not much time to post things.

I recently connected with my friend Sally who I'd lost touch with over the years. She sent me a picture of us at a party 5 or 6 years ago. Where does time go? And why does it make you get bigger as it goes by?

11:25am: As I look at the picture, I can't help but think back to how crazy, fun, awful, scary, exciting and difficult my life was back then. I felt so completely lost for so many years. These days, I feel more grounded. For the first time in my life I'm in a stable relationship, with a place to live that I can completely call my own. With the stability has come an increased self-awareness: what I'm about, what makes me tick, what I like about myself and what I don't and how to change it, some goals and direction for the future. All in all it's a much more fightening a state of mind than being lost ever was.