Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's the little things in life


Yesterday I was at the grocery store and saw that pomegranates were in a big display. Being the un-neat person I am, I usually shy away from such fruit. For me, eating a pomegranate usually results in me getting the juice on everything within a 10 foot radius, not to mention covering my clothes, hands and face. However, the display had instructions on how to eat it properly:

1. Cut off the top.
2. Score the skin (into quarters or what have you)
3. Submerge in a bowl of water and proceed to break apart and pick out the seeds.
4. Separate the seeds and water with a strainer.

What do you know? It worked! When in the water, the seeds sink to the bottom and the skins float to the top, making it very easy to separate the two.

I was actually able to daintily eat my pomegranate without leaving the place looking like I'd committed a mass-murder and then eaten the bloody, raw flesh with my bare hands.