Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Almost Famous

I've decided that I want to be famous. Actually I shouldn't act like I just decided this, it's something that I've wanted ever since I was a child. Initially I thought that I'd accomplish this through acting and/or modeling, but after having just the teeniest, tiniest taste of the industry, I realized that I wasn't prepared for, nor did I want to take part in it. Instead I concentrated on getting my University degree and getting a steady paying job. Now I'm 30, I've got a job that pays well and it's one that I enjoy. I don't have any complaints really. It suits me perfectly. But I've gone as far in the computer field as I want to go.

I'm getting the feeling that in the next couple of years I'm going to need a change. Not just a new job, but a whole new career. After getting my degree, I was adamant that I'd never go back to school again (so young, so foolish). Now I'm considering going to Ryerson for photography and design, and leaning towards commercial product photography. This is where the famous part comes in. I going to be a famous designer or photographer. I want people clamoring for my designs and to be featured in magazines. I want the opportunity to say "No Madonna, I can't design your next album cover. I'm simply too busy. Maybe next time. AND STOP CALLING ME!!!"

My creative juices are flowing at an all time high. I'm having trouble sleeping at night because I keep thinking of ideas. I've been working furiously on my new website, which is hopefully going live tomorrow. I have a stack of photos in my head that need to be made, and the desire to put together a show. Poor Q barely sees me these days.

It all sounds ridiculous, but it's driving me in a way that I've never felt before to create and keep creating . Hell, I even bought a Mac.

Change is good.