Thursday, January 18, 2007

Bits

*Still cutting back on the smoking. Down to 2-3 cigarettes a day. This isn't fun anymore. Withdrawal is kicking in.

*Went to see my naturopath last night for some acupuncture. Explained that I'd had a nasty stomach flu, and that I had a couple of tender spots - one just below and to the left of my sternum, and the other was on my right shoulder. It was odd, but once the flu hit, it felt like my shoulder was bruised for some reason. He then proceeded to take a small statue off the shelf, which had all the pressure points labeled on it. The spot I pointed out below my sternum was related to stomach pain, and the exact spot I pointed to on my shoulder was related to the large intestine. Neat.

*Acupuncture is wonderful.

*He warned me that cutting back to just a few cigarettes a day isn't the best way to quit. What ends up happening is that those precious few smokes become a reward that you give yourself for doing so well on cutting back. In turn, smoking becomes a positive thing that you reward yourself with, and it makes it that much more difficult to give up. I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense.