Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm old

I used to think that back problems were only for old people. Well, by my own definition I'm now officially old. After walking hunched over for days and being referred to as Grandma (and secretly wishing I had a walker a few times) I finally went to see a Chiropractor. After some painful prodding (and not the good kind) and X-rays, it was determined that I have a disc bulge. I don't mind having a bulge - but on the front, not the back. I was also told that I have the beginnings of arthritis between the two discs that are causing me problems.

ARTHRITIS!! FOR GOD'S SAKE I'M ONLY 30!

I've been told it's not uncommon though, and could have been caused by some back trauma from when I was a kid. I can't think of anything that would have caused any damage as a kid but there was that one night during Pride a number of years ago that left my back a little achy...

Anyways, the ice pack seems to be helping and the Chiropractic visits are doing their job. It's frustrating knowing that I can't lift a thing for the next few weeks for fear that I'll injure it again. I have to strengthen the muscles around the problem area to protect it first. Guess there's no other bigger incentive to get my ass back to the gym.

I'm saving up for a motorized scooter.