Monday, January 24, 2005

It's Alive!! Muwahh ah ah ah!



I've been working on this piece for days. It's name - Mirrorball. It was one of those frustrating things that I knew it was going somewhere, just didn't quite know where. Had to work at it bit by bit, as it slowly took shape. It's funny how some pieces just happen, while others sit there looking unfinished, like they have something to say and it's not until you really sit and listen that you get it.

As much as I like the piece, it's left me in a bit of a situation. I've slowly been putting pieces together for my new show and I thought that I had finished about 3/4 of it - until now. Tonight I printed all the finished work on a couple of contact sheets and it turns out that I have 2 others that are somewhat similar, and 4 others that aren't. I like these 3 much better. Now I have to sit down and redo the other 4, plus rethink the 3 or so that are left in my head. I even had all the adverts and everything planned out. Now those have to be redone too.

Goddamnit, that's what I get for being a Gemini. You would think that 2 people living in one head would have the common courtesy to talk every once in a while. You know, exchange ideas, keep each other up to date, that kind of thing?

One of these day's I'll teach those twins a lesson.


Hmmm... the colour's a bit off. It should be blue, not the purplish tinge it seems to have taken.