Friday, December 29, 2006

Resolution

I stayed home sick yesterday and played with my toy new all day. I finally got all of my info moved over and all the apps I need - including something to replace DVD95Copy. It has to be the best DVD "backup" software I've ever used, and it's worth every penny. Yes, I even paid for it. I only wish they had a mac version. MacTheRipper and Toast work fine, but it's just not as nice.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm never going back to Windows, which I think says something considering I've been supporting Windows for over 6 years. I'm simply telling everyone to get a mac now. My computer is fun again.

Since this will be the last post of 2006, I feel obliged to go on and on about all the things I've learned and not learned, done and not done this year. Suffice to say 2006 has been a pivotal year in my life. I've learned a lot about myself, been able to forgive myself and move on from the past and generally take back control of my life. I love my new home, Q and I survived the renovations and our relationship has become stronger through all our hard work at putting up with that, and with the new direction in our lives.

I have a lot of projects waiting in the wings for 2007. So many that I'm not sure how I can do them all. I want to have a couple of art shows, have a ton of new ideas for new artwork, Q and I want to start our own brand and see how far we can build it, I still want to take lessons to learn Japanese, travel somewhere, and I'm going to give more thought to leaving the computer business behind and lean towards a career in graphic design, maybe start taking some design courses too.

Things are generally going great. I've never actually looked forward to an upcoming year, other than for the fact that I can finally put another crappy year behind me. This time it's different. I'm excited. Things are going to happen, and I'm going to be the one who makes them happen.

Have a great new year everyone.