Monday, July 30, 2007

Goin' back to my roots

This weekend I began my decent into the world of TPT - Trailer Park Trash. Q decided that he wanted a trailer to go camping in, so I tagged along as we went to Newcastle on Friday night to look, Shelburne on Saturday to look elsewhere, and back to Newcastle on Sunday to buy. I don't know why I bothered to quit smoking (3 weeks today!) since it's a requirement for a full TPT all access membership.

I haven't been camping since I was a kid, and all we had was a tent. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle being in a trailer with only a stove, microwave, fridge, feezer, outdoor BBQ, Queen size bed (for 2 queens), LCD TV with built in DVD (and A/V connector for a Wii!!), stereo, toilet, shower, furnace and A/C. Roughin' it is going to be hard. With the bunk beds and fold out bench, it supposedly can sleep 6 - but only if that comprises of 2 adults and 4 children, or 4 midgets or a combination of both. Maybe more if everyone's a midget. Did I mention that being in the top bunk with no window is akin to being in a coffin? Oh and another thing, I'm not sure why but all trailers and RV's are designed by and decorated for The Golden Girls. It's appalling. Just because you're camping doesn't mean you don't have style (or does it?) This trailer was the most "fashion forward" one we could find. That's not the sole reason for getting it, but it helped in the decision making process.

Provided that all the paperwork goes through, we'll be picking it up this weekend. Now all we have to do is find a site to put it. Thankfully my parents live on a farm so we can put it there if we get a spot in time.

Here are some pics. Ours isn't this exact configuration, but you get the idea. Note the awesome blue LED's. If the trailer's a rockin', don't come a knockin'.