Thursday, July 12, 2007

I AM ON FIRE!!!!

This whole no smoking thing is going better than expected. Tuesday was a rough day though. Woke up ready to kill anyone who even so much as looked at me the wrong way. Must make a mental note to buy Q a special something for putting up with Super Bitch(ier than usual). My snackitite is lessing today too. Still craving, but more out of habit than anything else.

Yesterday I went to a client's company "fun day"- which consisted of going to a resort for the day, sitting by the pool, eating, drinking, going to the spa for a facial, eating, drinking some more and going home. It's also usually a day filled with smoking - of which I had none. I wasn't going to drink any alcohol either (stupid cleansing diet), but thought it would be a good reward for not caving in a difficult situation. So I rewarded myself a few times.

On Tuesday I decided to buy a book to distract myself with. On a whim I picked up Alice Sebold's "The Lovely Bones" from the bargain table. Had never heard of it before, but the premise sounded good. It's basically about a young girl who's murdered and goes to heaven. From there she watches her family search for her and her murderer, all the grief they go through and how they essentially all fall apart in some way as the years go on. I couldn't put it down. I was hooked from the first couple of pages. In fact I read 3/4 of it yesterday.

Oh, and you now how they say that you should always wear sunscreen even if it's overcast outside? They aren't lying. My legs turned lobster red in spots within an hour. That's what happens when you get lost in a book and neglect to put on the sunscreen before you start reading.

Consequently I'm on fire today, but the Medicated Solarcain Sunburn relief is working. As I was applying it liberally last night, the Solarcain smell brought back many childhood memories. There were always two staples in our house growing up - Solarcain for the sunburns and Bactine for bug bites, slivers, cuts, scrapes and anything else under the sun. Some things never change.