Thursday, July 05, 2007

Weeeeeeeeeee!

I finally broke down yesterday and bought a Nintendo Wii. OMG it's a shitload of fun! Highly recommended. I'm hooked on the boxing. You actually grab a remote in both hands and punch at the screen. No buttons, just movement. Fun.

It good to have a distraction. Come Monday I am going on a cleansing diet and giving up smoking - for good. I've given it a lot of thought lately and the decision is final. I'm not going to let myself fail this time.

For me going on a cleansing diet is the best way to quit. You suddenly deprive yourself of so many other things (sugar, caffeine, wheat, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate) that the nicotine cravings get lost in all the other hell you're going through. I've done it before and it's worked.

Good thing about cleansing diet - increased energy, get rid of toxins in the body, lose weight.

Bad things about cleansing diet - giving up all food that is worth living for, the headaches and nausea that hit on the 2nd or 3rd day as your body goes through withdrawl. Have the Advil handy.