Monday, July 02, 2007

Vacation


I know I've dropped off the radar but I was on a much needed and deserved vacation. Q and I spent the past 4 days in Erie PA. What's in Erie you ask? OUTLET MALL. The crappy US dollar + no tax in malls = new wardrobe. Considering deals like the scoring of 8 t-shirts and 1 pair of shorts for $97 at the Banana Republic Outlet, the trip was well worth it. We went with empty suitcases and came back full.

Surprisingly there were two gay bars in Erie. Unsurprisingly they were, umm, interesting. The Zone had quite the collection of people, including 100 year old drag queens. I'm sorry to say that a cheap wig and miniskirt from Sears do not a drag queen make. Anyone remember the little old guy from Benny Hill? Not too far off.


The other, Trance, was a bit better, with a more nightclub feel to it. Would have been better if there had been more people there though. However the 2.25 vodkas made up for it. I still can't get over how cheap it is to drink there.

As usual I took a few pictures to commemorate the trip:


My kind of bathroom.

Hungry or horny? A bit of both maybe?

I know a few people who should be living on this street (myself included).

This is "Seen Your Frog." I don't quite get it either, but Wegmans felt it necessary.

Definitely not Kosher.