Monday, July 09, 2007

Things I Didn 't Do Today

I did not get up when the alarm went off.
I did not make myself a delectable cup of espresso this morning.
I did not take said espresso out on the back deck.
I did not fire up a cigarette, take a drag, take a sip of espresso, look around at all the trees and flowers, relax and slide into my day.
I did not have cereal for breakfast. I had a yogurt.
I did not have a smoke on my way to the office.
I did not have one when I arrived.
I did not stick to the no coffee rule either. I caved and got a tall americano at Starbucks though. Technically I'm not supposed to be off coffee until next week and am supposed to be reducing my intake in the next 7 days. So that's my rationale. It's getting me by.

It's amazing the number of things I didn't do today! I wonder what I won't do tomorrow? And the day after that? And the day after that? And the day after that?

Shoot me.

It's only 10:30.