Thursday, September 21, 2006

I win!!

I win! I win! I win! I didn't lose! I win! And I didn't have to get all super cunty bitchy either (damn).

After having my rear brakes replaced and the rotors machined because my parking brake was faulty, and having to pay for it, I wasn't a happy camper on Saturday. Initially I was told that the parking brake cables would be replaced under warranty, but the other work may not be covered.

On Wednesday I was told that Hyundai Canada agreed only to pay for the brake pads and their installation - and only the dealer cost at that. They wouldn't pay for the rotor machining. Of course I said that was unacceptable.

This morning I placed a call to the service manager, and left a very pleasant, professional message asking him to call me about the situation.

At 8:00 tonight I recieved a call from the dealership that Hyundai had also agreed to pay for the rotors (at cost of course) but not to worry, the dealership would cover the difference and I'll be getting all my money back. The guy (who was not the service manager) told me that this was a first, and he didn't know what strings I pulled, or who I spoke with to make it happen, but he was going out an buying a lottery ticket! Of course I hadn't even begun my crusade yet, but I admitted nothing.

Imagine, a car dealership that admits fault, then does the right thing and stands behind their customer AND GIVES MONEY BACK. Quite honestly, other than showing some determination that I wouldn't take no for an answer, I didn't have to fight for my money.

Who knew?