Thursday, September 28, 2006

Time Out

As of tomorrow I am on a much needed and deserved vacation. I'll be back after thanksgiving - which will not be spent with my parents. We're having Q's family over instead.

Last night I woke up at 4:00 am to the sound of voices - and not the usual ones in my head. They were coming from downstairs. For a minute I lied there, trying to listen to what the intruders who'd just broken into my house were saying. I got very confused when I heard someone say "Dude, where'd you learn to surf like that?" and then some kid say "That was awesome!" Small children don't typically break into homes and discuss surfing techniques. Slowly, in a post-sleep haze, I came to the realization that it was coming from the TV downstairs. The cable box had taken upon itself to turn on in the middle of the night. Unfortunately for me I'd left the stereo on too, so all the sound came blaring into the living room. I somehow managed to make my way downstairs and turn it off.

I'm going to have a stern talk with our poltergeist when I get home. It's one thing to stack all the dining room chairs in a pyramid when I turn my back or slide me across the kitchen floor on my ass, but it's an entirely different story to be so inconsiderate and interrupt my sleep. If this keeps up, someone's getting an exorcism.