Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Must be something in air

I know of a few people that are having parental issues these days. It must be that time of year. I just joined them.

My brother Jason is a good for nothing, free loading, lying, manipulative asshole. He's never been able to (or had to) fend for himself or take responsibility for his actions. My parents have always bail him out of everything. Neither my Dee, my sister, or I have spoken to him in about 10 years. We simply refuse to have anything to do with him. He's done some truly awful things to my parents, the whole family in general, and to his own children. He's never apologized for any of it. Not to mention his bitch wife is one of the most disgustingly evil women on this planet.

Back in May he decided to leave the festering cunt for the 143,596th time and showed up on my parents' doorstep. He's been there ever since with no plans to leave or even look for a place of his own. Consequently his 11 and 12 year old emotionally damaged children come down to visit him every other weekend. His little girl is an absolute sweetheart, but has problems, and his son will end up in jail before he's 18. Fun. It has completely disrupted my parents' lives.

Up until this point, my parents had been able to keep his life separate from ours, but would bitch about him from time to time. Now that he is permanently there, it makes it difficult for me to visit, or for my sister to drop by with her kids. Sunday night my mother invited Dee down for dinner. When she arrived Jason was there and the table was set for seven instead of six people. He does tend to just disappear from time to time, so Dee agreed to go thinking that he'd be gone. The shit hit the fan.

Jason didn't want to join them for dinner and my mother threw a fit. Dee then joined in, had words with the both of them and told my mother that she didn't appreciate being ambushed like that. My mother then proceeded to tell her that she has to deal with this (which my parents haven't done) and not to ignore it. Then she proceeded to throw down her oven mitts and storm upstairs. A typical hypocritical action from her. Dee packed up the kids and went to McDonalds. Then she called me when she got home.

I'd had enough by this point anyways and I proceeded to call them and got my father on the phone. I told him what I thought of the whole situation, what I thought of my brother, and that they needed to fix this by making Jason own up to it. It wasn't my job or Dee's to fix this problem. Then last night I got my mother on the phone and asked her what the hell she was thinking asking Dee down to have dinner with her brother. Of course I got the sob story about wanting a whole family again, which i didn't buy because it was just another one of her schemes, and then I got the "Fine, we just won't have family get togethers anymore. Your father and I will just go away at Christmas." To which I replied "That's typical. Run away from the problems instead of fixing them like you always do." That didn't go over so well.

Anyways the conversation ended with me being the ungrateful one who doesn't do enough to help his parents, (because doing things like booking them hotels at discounted rates through my connections every time they travel, and getting them out of a legal mess a few years ago on top of loaning them the money for the legal fees is such an ungrateful thing to do) and how it's just awful that my sister and I gang up on them and attack them. All of which was followed by an over dramatic "I can't take this anymore!!" CLICK

Typical.