Thursday, November 30, 2006

I'm a good boyfriend

Q's 40th birthday is coming up next week. So to celebrate the occasion I've rented us the "Chairman Suite" on the top floor of the Westin Harbour Castle for Saturday night. This room has a separate living room (with flat screen TV), dining room and bedroom - with a bathroom in each! Since I know a few people in the hotel industry, I was also able to get the hotel to send up complimentary wine and cheese. I also got a $1000+ room for $350. I love my job sometimes, I get to meet so many different people from different industries.

We're going out to Auberge du Pommier for dinner, where I also have a contact who's going to hook us up with something, just don't know yet. While we're out for dinner, the hotel's going to send up a bar fridge with glasses and some friends are going to set up the room for a small party. I'm hoping it will all be a surprise. I haven't told him a thing and he claims to never read my blog.

He's such a difficult person to buy for (I keep getting calls from his family asking what they should get him - I tell them I have no idea). He'll never tell you what he wants because he wants it to be a surprise. Me, I make sure everybody knows - I forgo the subtle hints. So since I couldn't think of what to get him, I thought a night out being spoiled would do just fine. Just have to find the perfect birthday card somewhere....