Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Shut in

Last night I locked the doors, closed the blinds and turned off all the lights. I didn't feel like giving any candy to the greedy ghetto children in my neighbourhood. I realize that there are lots of perfectly nice, candy coated kiddies in the 'hood too, but too bad for them. Call me a grinch. Instead I sat on my computer, organized my music collection and did my expense report. How exciting.

Later I was watching the news and CityTV had their super annoying weather man dressed as the Count from Sesame Street stationed in Church St. Nothing like hearing the weatherman scream out "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12!! 12 Drag Queens!! Bwah ha ha ha ha!" in an awful Transalvanian accent. Or to hear him say "Look at all the people dressed as soldiers in support of our troops!" Clueless.

I had completely forgotten about the Church St Halloween Street Party. I think this is the first year that I haven't gone down. No big loss. I usually get bored pretty damn quickly anyways. It's not like it used to be. I remember going when there were plenty of fabulous costumes to be found wandering the road. Now it's all suburbanites who come down to view and take pictures of the freaks. "Look! I got a picture of a gay!" Fuck off. I'd guess the number of people watching verses the number of people dressed up was somewhere around 10 to 1.

Organizing mp3's was way more interesting.