Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Rush hour

Q and I have a simple morning routine - the alarm goes off at some ungodly hour in the morning and he gets up. Before he leaves, he re-sets the alarm for 6:45. At 6:45 the radio starts blaring, I open my eyes for a brief second and fall back asleep. Sometimes it's for a few minutes and sometimes it's for 45min to and hour, which isn't good (with the radio still blaring a few feet from my head this whole entire time).

This morning was different. I woke up and it was quiet - too quiet. There was no radio. I turned towards the clock to face the inevitable - 9:00am. Jump out of bed, jump into shower, throw on clothes, throw food at cats, grab powerbar, run out door - 9:20. A new record! It usually takes me close to an hour to get my ass out the door.

Now normally I'd be pissed that he forgot to set the alarm, but I wasn't. It was beautiful and sunny outside for the first time in weeks and best of all, I had an amazing sleep. I feel great. It was just what I needed.

Though I think I'll dig out the other alarm clock anyways - just in case.