Thursday, November 16, 2006

Unbelievably Helpful

I spend most of my days fighting with servers, computers, every single Microsoft Product out there and Bell. I also like to throw in a dash of Stupid User every once in a while too. Yesterday I was combing through the error logs of a server, trying to find out why Exchange (which runs the email) refused to start right away whenever the server was rebooted. This is what I found:

--------------------

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7001
Date: 11/10/2006
Time: 4:12:24 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ******
Description:
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service depends on the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service which failed to start because of the following error:

The operation completed successfully.
-----------------------

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what I have to deal with.