Tuesday, March 01, 2005

New York City Boy

Well Q and I just spent a wonderful weekend in NYC. My ulcer meds finally kicked in too, so I could actually enjoy myself. I brought my camera, but since I'd been before and will go again, I decided to take pics of things that interested me instead.


This was our American Ambassador who greeted us at Buffalo airport - it's much cheaper to fly from there.


This was there for a long time...


Then it mysteriously moved.


I swear this looked like a robot.


I'm really curious as to what happened here. Big splat + plus empty cup + two phones off the hook = ?


Then we went to see the gates.


I was going to buy a purse, but I've got too many at home already.


It still exists!!


Ewwwwwww. We don't have these in Canada either.


Something tells me that finding wigs in the gutter isn't out of the ordinary on Chistopher St.


Ahhhmmmmmm....


We could all give a little more.


Man if I got a POLYSTATION III, all the kids would think I was so k3wl!


Especially cuz it has Super 9999999 IN 1!!!!


When I was in NYC last, we spent some time every day at the Factory Cafe and loved it. I took Q and was really disappointed. The desserts sucked and the staff were clueless.


I loved the way this store was decorated. If I had a store, it would look like this one.


Thank you Mr. Bush.


These puppies were chilly.


I think that this is Billy Idol's sister. She had a matching belt to her bracelet, and even took the time to cut the collar off of her shirt. I had to take this photo from across a food court, while pretending that I was looking at my camera.


As usual, our flight home was delayed, so I had to buy a slag mag. This one had a very insightful article about killer vampire poodles. Hopefully our government won't get ahold of this and add poodles to pit bulls in their list of banned canines.

Well, that's my warped photo log of a rather tame weekend in NYC. It was exactly what Q and I needed to escape from reality for a few days. If only it was closer....