Thursday, March 03, 2005

Stop pissing in my cornflakes!!!

I hate it when people piss me off. That fact that someone pisses me off, gets me more pissed. It's like a vicious circle. I don't know if I am inadvertantly antagonizing people myself, or if it's just that my patience for people is at an all time low.

I came back from New York, all relaxed and freed from crap that had been bothering me from before. Just getting away can help put things into perspective. Then I had a conversation with someone on the phone and about an hour later I get an email from said person, detailing their thoughts on something that I was doing (or hadn't done rather) that was bothering them.

You know, they had me on the phone for 15 minutes talking about nothing and this couldn't have come up??

I can take criticism. I can take being told I've done something wrong. I can even take being told what I'm doing is pissing you off.

What gets me going is when I'm sent an email stating that I've committed some sort of impropriety with no means to defend myself. There are always 2 sides to every story, and it's rather unfair that I don't get to tell mine.

And it's cowardly. I've known this person for close to 20 years and it's disappointing that they can't just come out and say what they have to say to me. I understand why they are perturbed, and I'm not saying that I'm Mr. Clean or anything, but if they were to ask and find out exactly what's been going on in my life lately, maybe they would understand. Then they wouldn't be writing stupid emails, and I wouldn't be wanting to tell them to fuck off.

Is that so hard??