Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Vroom Vroom Kaboom

I want a new car. I don't exactly know why. Q got a new one just before Christmas, which is all decked out and very nice. Usually I would just use that as a reason, but I don't think that's it this time.

Originally I was looking at the RAV4 Chili Edition. Sweet. I love sitting up high.
Then I thought about the Corolla Sport Edition - almost as good, but cheaper.
But then I came across the Mazda 6 Sport. I hadn't thought much about that car, until I discovered that it was available in orange - my favourite colour. Q and I went to see one last night, just before closing so that there was no way I could take it for a test drive (my idea). It's a very nice car. Did I mention the orange?

*Sigh* Back to reality.
Right now I have a 2 year old Toyota Echo. It's small yet spacious inside, easy to park, costs me $220.00 a month, cheap on gas and gets me to and from work every day (which is under an hour's driving time). It's also leased for another 2 years.

So I thought long and hard about it, and what it all comes down to is this: "Do I really want to pay twice as much (plus increased insurance) for a car that I'll drive an hour a day (sometimes more) plus a little bit of driving on the weekends.?

I can afford it, but I think the answer is no.

Goddamn it. Oh well, being a Gemini, something else will catch my eye and I'll forget all about this car nonsense in a few days. Meanwhile, I'm bummed.