Saturday, September 17, 2005

Eureka!!

It's almost 2:00 am. I get it. I finally fucking get it. About an hour ago it all made sense to me. I sat down and looked at all the pictures that felt unfinished, unsatisfactory, and didn't quite fit. Suddenly I had this wave of inspiration, a rush of excitement and it all came together. I can't even put into words what makes sense exactly, I just know that I understand. I now know how they all should fit together, like solving a puzzle or something. I'm talking like a madman.

All of these photos have been inspired by songs by Everything But The Girl. Ben Watt, one half of the group, now owns his own record label, Buzzin' Fly. His contact info, including mailing address, is there. Coincidentally he is also going to be spinning in San Francisco while I'm there. I'm going to print everything on 8x10, box it up and mail it to him in England. I don't care how much it costs. I'm also going to enclose a note with a blurb about myself, about my inspiration, and let him know that I will be in S.F. if he'd like to meet. What the hell do I have to lose? Absolutely nothing. Best case scenario, he's impressed by my work, wants to meet, and sends me free tickets to his show. Worst case, I hear nothing back, but am satisfied knowing that I tried and that he knows what kind of effect his music has on people. Being an artist himself, I'm sure he'll appreciate that at least.

I may wake up in the morning wondering what kind of drugs I was on, but it seems like a fabulous idea at the moment.