Monday, September 19, 2005

Special Delivery

Well, I sent the package off to England this morning. It only cost a mere $140.00. Ouch. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I'm so happy that it's finally finished. Just looking at the collection proves that my work and abilities have really grown over the past year. It turned out so much more interesting than how I'd first imagined it. All the pieces were just supposed to be photographs of the dolls, but when I went to SNAP! earlier in the spring, I saw that a few other artists had jumped on the same bandwagon. Initially it pissed me off because it took away from the uniqueness of my work, but in the end it was the best thing that could have happened. It pushed me even harder to be more creative so that my work still stands out in the crowd. I believe it still does.

As you can tell I'm really excited about it now, and consequently I'm much more motivated and confident to approach galleries.

Wish me luck!

Here's a direct link to the photos if you haven't seen them yet.

Update Sept 20: I've tracked the package and it's left the country!!! I tell ya, I'm like a kid at Christmas.