Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Screw the bank I work for, screw the bank.

I travel to the States a lot, so I decided that it would be a good idea to get a US dollar VISA.  Last week I went online to my bank’s website and filled out an application and asked for only $2500.  Today I got my reply – I was declined.

I don’t get it. I’ve been with my bank for over 10 years. I even worked for them for 4 years while going to school.  I have a credit card, a student loan, a line of credit (which is at zero), a chequing account and a savings account with cash in it. All my loans are in good standing with no missed payments.  I’ve been at my job for 5 years and make a good amount of money.

However, another bank had absolutely no problem giving me a platinum VISA card last year, and had no problems upgrading it to a Gold Preferred a week ago (I wanted travel insurance after the New Orleans cancellation).  Also, I had no problem getting a loan for my car in the spring.  I also had no problems getting a mortgage when I owned the house with Psycho.

I’m pissed and insulted.  I don’t understand how a bank could treat a good customer that way.  I’m going into my branch tomorrow to have a chat. Basically either they give me the card or I pull everything from them and go across the street to the bank where I have my VISA.  

It doesn’t help the Q just got his US VISA in the mail today and keeps rubbing it in. Bastard.