Tuesday, February 22, 2005

99 Luftballons

Today's lucky number is 9.

9 days of no smoking, caffeine, bread, pasta, chocolate, VODKA, and other essentials of life.

Woke up in a very bad mood again today. Mostly because the cats were keeping us up all night by getting into everything they could. The kicker was when I discovered my eye drops wedged under the wine fridge. Howie learned to fly. Guess he was lucky we have soft furniture. Mabel is a little smarter than her brother and stayed the fuck away. I didn't even give them their morning treats. They looked very sad when I left for work. Guess I would be too if I ran up to someone in the morning to say hello and was met with a FUCK OFF!!

Withdrawl is a bitch. When I woke up the first time last night, I was instantly seething with anger. Pure rage was seeping out of my pores and through my veins. Not at anyone or anything - just all emotion. I also cherish my sleep and am very perturbed when it's disturbed. I've been known to whack Q or shove him rather harshly in the middle of the night if the poor guy inadvertantly wakes me up. This happens before I know what's going on or can stop myself. It's not a regular thing, but does happen from time to time.

So this morning all I wanted to calm my nerves was a cigarette, which of course I didn't have and wasn't going to have. But I was pretty calmed down by the time I got to work and feel better now.

I saw a friend of mine today who I hadn't seen in a few weeks. She noticed right away that I had lost some weight - especially in my face. I noticed too the other day when I put on a certain pair of pants. I quit smoking and lost weight. Who knew?

Is there a full moon sometime soon? The pets have been extra weird lately.

Oh, and a special shout out to everyone for their support with quitting smoking. I think I'll actually make it.

99 dreams I have had In every one a red balloon
It's all over and I'm standing pretty
In this dust that was a city
If I could find a souvenir
Just to prove the world was here
And here is a red balloon
I think of you, and let it go
UPDATE

My God I'm losing it. I've quoted Nena.