Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Give it to me!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so if you couldn't tell from my previous post, I'm just a little bit cranky today. I've decided to do a cleansing diet and quit smoking. I haven't been feeling the best lately and I know that smoking has played a big part, plus I think I've developed yet another food intolerance.

I want a cigarette.

Not sure if any of you know what a cleasing diet it, but it's a great way to rid your body of toxins and chemicals and helps restore balance to your system. You have to avoid alcohol, barley, oats , rye, wheat, caffeine, coffee, orange pekoe tea, chocolate, soft drinks, sugar, corn, dairy, eggs, grapefruit, oranges, peanuts, beef, pork, shellfish, processed and refined foods. PHEW!

You keep this up for 10 days, eating as much of anything else that you want and yes, there's lots left to eat. Then you slowly reintroduce the things you cut out and monitor your reaction. I think I'm having problems with wheat. I am preparing to kiss regular cereal, pasta, cookies and bread goodbye.

I just realized that I've never made a list of things I can't eat. So here it is for all of you who don't care:

  1. Dairy -including anything containing milk, butter (ok in small doses), cheese (except goat), sour cream, cream cheese, buttermilk, whey powder, milk solids and anything else remotely related - except yogourt as the lactase enzyme is already broken down.
  2. Anything containing MSG
  3. Anything containing onion powder or garlic powder (real stuff is fine)
  4. flavoured potato chips - all use either msg or milk powder
  5. Doritos, cheetos, etc
  6. pesto
  7. Milk chocolate ( I will NEVER give up dark chocolate!)
  8. Ice cream, whipped cream
  9. Coffee
  10. Most processed foods - almost every packaged food product upsets my stomach. I don't do well with additives and preservatives. If you can't pronounce it, DON'T EAT IT!!
  11. Probably more things that I don't rememeber.....
This list may seem small, but if you take a look at the things you buy, chances are they contain at least one of these - especially whey powder and milk powder. Oh and did I mention that I was hypoglycemic as well? So on top of all that, I have to watch my sugar intake, watch what I eat, and most importantly when I eat. It's a fucking pain in the ass. Q is an absolute saint for putting up with me when my blood sugar is out of whack.

Speaking of which, I just spoke with him and it looks like our talk was successful. He wants us to go out on a date. I think that's cute. I can feel the bitchy lifting already.......