Thursday, May 25, 2006

Shorts

Yesterday, 8:00am

I step into the elevator to go down to my car. In it are 2 women, one of whom is young, blond and pretty, and a middle aged man. The elevator stops at the lobby and the 2 women step out. The door closes and we continue to the basement. The man turns to me and says "Boy, she even smelled perrrrrrrtty." Yes, that was perrrrtty, not pretty.

Yesterday Evening

Went to check out the house. It's coming along very nicely. All the plastering, sanding and priming is finished. They even started painting the living room. It's green. VERY GREEN. The first coat of paint on a room is always a shock, no matter how much you visualize it in your head. Plus it hadn't dried yet, so was very bright, instead of the nice subdued look I was going for. Once I saw it with a few pieces of floor laid down, I felt better. Q has been silent on the issue, but he did agree to the only choice presented to him, so it's not my fault if he hates it, right? The floors are going down today. I can't wait, I'm so excited.

4:15am

BANG! BANG! CRASH! GRROWL MEEEEOW GRROWL.
Howard caught another mouse. Q got up, took it and flushed it down the toilet. Howard was pissed at losing his prize but too bad. He sat in the corner of the office all night long. Waiting.

11:00 am


Still no birthday present. Have to wait until tomorrow. Bastard.