Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Meet the parents

Looks like the renovations start a week Wednesday!!!! Was hoping to have my birthday/housewarming party on the May 24 weekend, but a delay in getting the bay window is putting a stop to that. Instead we will be having it the first weekend in June.

Q's parents were going to be away the weekend of our party and were a little upset they couldn't make it. Now they can. It's going to be an interesting day because it will be the first Meeting Of The Families. I don't foresee any problems though. My parents live on a farm, Q's parents used to, so there will be lots to talk about. I can't see any reason at all why they wouldn't get along come to thing of it. Plus my mom mentioned to Q a while back that if he's ever out with his parents that he should bring them down. She's becoming so progressive, my mother. Still, it will be a first for the both of us.

I remember Psycho pushing for our families to meet, once upon a time. I was against it. His mother (acutally grandmother, but that's a whole other story) was a nice lady, but old and not all with it and hooked on x number of prescriptions. I remember her telling us one time about her friend Nellie, the Loch Ness Monster and all the adventures they would have. I thought it was cute, Psycho was mortified. Just proved the apple didn't fall far from the tree though.