Friday, April 28, 2006

Approach with extreme care

Ever wake up from a deep sleep and be really pissed off because you were so rudely awakened and dragged into the shower? Awakened from a deep sleep that's eluded you for an entire week? Who cares if you have to go to work.

On my drive to the office this morning I was hating everything and everyone - including myself. Knowing it was going to be that kind of day, I opted for the Venti Americano at Starfucks. I think I mistakenly ordered the Bucket size it's so huge.

Then I get to work and there's this email with one of those powerpoint files talking about some ass who owned a restaurant and everyone loved him and he made sure to make everyone feel good and when he left, employees followed him blah blah blah. Then one day he's robbed and gets shot and lives through it (too bad - would have made for a better story) and when asked how he keeps such a positive outlook on life and why everyone loves him and why the Pope and the Queen take turns wiping his ass, he says "When I wake up in the morning I have two choices - I can be in bad mood or a good mood. I always choose a good mood. It's that simple."

Ya - well I'm choosing bad mood today motherfucker. Bad Fucking Mood.

Oh, and did I mention that Don't Worry Be Happy was playing in the background of the stupid story as I read it?? Grrr.