Monday, June 20, 2005

Almost Famous

This morning I had a brush with fame. I literally almost bumped shoulders with the Backdoor - I mean BackStreet Boys. They had just walked in the doors to my building as I was heading out. I wasn't paying attention in my Monday morning groggy state, and almost walked into Nick.

Seems as though they are in Toronto to promote their new album. Well at least Nick, Howie and Kevin are. Guess they were on their way to the radio station on the 2nd floor. After the near miss, the front desk security guard ran up to me all excited and was all like "Do you know who that is? It's the backdoor - I mean Backstreet boys!" Guess they still appeal to middle-aged women too.

I didn't find them appealing though. Pretty average looking, and I wouldn't have even given them a second look if it wasn't for the fact that they're famous. Even Kevin was disappointing. I always thought he was the best looking backdoor boy of the bunch. Howie was wearing oversized, 80's style sunglasses with a ripped and frayed denim jacket with some sort of grafitti tshirt underneath. Looked like crap, but was probably D&G and cost $800 for the 2 pieces. But who's to say I wouldn't do the same if I had money coming out my ass. Nick was wearing just a regular tshirt and basketball shorts. Twinky blonds have never been my thing.

The whole experience was a little much for first thing in the morning. I need a coffee.