Tuesday, June 07, 2005

At least it's over with

Yesterday, I scratched my car. Just a little bit on the front left corner of the bumper. I blame the boyfriend.

Yesterday Q, Krista and I decided to meet for a drink after I was finished work. Krista lives close by and Q was off work early and came up to meet me. Parking is annoying and expensive where I work, so I said he could park beside me in the underground. Now, like most underground parking lots, mine's tight with lots of poles (mind...going...in..gutter...must...get...back...to...story). Since my spot is in a weird place, I'm allowed to park on an angle and take up 2 spots. With Q coming, I figured that I would just move over a bit to give him room to squeeze in (again, mind in the gutter).

Dinner and margaritas were fun, and I was getting all excited because afterwards we were all heading over to Best Buy to get my new Pioneer car stereo installed - the one with the iPod connector. The FM transmitter doesn't work so well in the new car. Anyways, I'm in the car with Krista blabbing away and waiting for Q to pull out (gutter again). As soon as it's clear I look behind me, turn the wheel, put it in reverse and step on the gas - as I do every single day. Only this time I shouldn't have turned the wheel since I was right beside the pole. I clued in when the car only moved a couple of inches.

See, I'm a creature of habit. When I'm used to something, I quickly go into autopilot mode and do it without thinking. Hence the turning of the wheel. If Q hadn't made me move my car, it would never have happened. I swear it had nothing to do with the margaritas, or with me blabbing to Krista..

No major damage done, just scraped a line of paint off the bumper and chipped a little bit off the left fender. Still a bitch though. At least it took me a bit longer to scratch this one. The Echo only took 2 weeks.

Well after the drama we still headed over to Best Buy and dropped off the car. About 20 minutes later the guy calls me with some annoying news. The salesman had sold me the wrong unit. This one doesn't interface with the ipod module. Needless to say I wasn't happy. He continued to install the new deck anyways for me to try out as it's similar to the model I should have had. At least I get to bitch at the salesman today and get some more money off for all of my inconveniences. I want to change it anyways. I don't like the display - it only shows 8 characters and doesn't autoscroll the rest. You have to press and hold down the scroll button. Too much of a pain in the ass. I think I'll go for the flashy model with the blue display that can show animations of racing cars or dolphins swimming. Because I need that. Plus it has 16 characters and auto scroll. And looks cool.

On another note, I finally celebrated my birthday on Saturday. We went to the Bier Markt (100's of different beers from all over the world), which I've always enjoyed but had never been to on a Saturday night. It's less of a restaurant and more of a bar that night. With a really bad cover band. I'll go back during mid-week next time.

Dickey and Nursie arrived a little late, with Dickey on the receiving end of a wagging finger before walking in the door. From what I understand he was right anyways. I think I may refer to them as the Bickers from now on. I guess it's just inevitable when two stubborn, I mean strong minded, people get together. I love them both anyways. Even if she is taking one of my best friends away to la la land.