Wednesday, June 01, 2005

When Americans Get Fat

They get fucking FAT!! It's something I notice every time I go to the states and it's something that still mesmorizes me every time. It's just unbelieveable how big people get. I just can't help but to stop and stare at the Orca sized families waddling around with their mini-shamu offspring.

Now I'm not saying that there aren't fat people in Canada but just not in the sheer size and numbers I am witness to when visiting the good ole US of A. It's sad to see so many morbidly obese people, and I refuse to believe that they all have some sort of thyroid or glandular problem. And children should just not be subject to type II diabetes - ever.

I can see why it happens though. One portion of food would feed an etheopian for months (provided that Sally Struthers doesn't get her hands on it first). I'm used to quarter chicken dinners, not half chicken. And a small drink would easily pass for a medium or large in this country. I won't even get started on the buffets we went to in Vegas.

Now I'm no waif, and I do like a man with some meat on his bones, but there's a limit. When you need a seatbelt extension on an airplane, I draw the line.