Saturday, June 18, 2005

Strange Remembrances

Had a dream last night about my uncle who recently passed away. In the dream we ended up going into my grandmother's house (who was long passed away in the dream buy is actually still alive) and it was abandoned. This was all a little strange because I never dream of him, and also because in my dream he was clean, sober and healthy. Made me think of how he was when I was a kid, and how much I liked him then.

It wasn't until I was in the shower this morning, thinking about my dreams that I remembered that he was no longer alive. Odd as it was, I am now left with one last vivid memory of him as a healthy, happy person. It's nice because that's how I'd rather remember him, and now I have that memory.

When I was talking to my father tonight, he reminded me that it was exactly one month ago today that he passed away. Weird. Spoke with my sister as well and she's had the same dream about him and the empty house. Double weird.